These next two weeks are filled with many events and I am not quite sure how it will all fit in and to continue the curriculum as usual.
Today we did the following:
- Principal's Assembly from 9-10:15 am
- English- we began our new Genre- Procedure and spoke about the structure and language used in this form of genre. We also watch a procedure - How to suck an egg into a bottle:
We will be conducting many science experiments in the next 2 weeks to support this genre.
The children had HPE and Library. Mrs Wellham went over the 5 fingers test when reading a book from the library- this is used to see if the book is at suitable level for the child. Ask your child about it to see if they remember what it means!!
- After library we got changed and did some catch up work and handwriting.
- After lunch the children had Chinese and Math's. In Math's we continued the 'build to ten' unit. Some examples of these were: 7+5=7+3+2=12. As you can see we encourage the children to make a ten first then add the leftovers. This is just one strategy we use for number facts.
- Dates to note this week:
- Thursday night- Primary Music Ensemble
- Saturday 4-8pm Netballers Presentation- IGC.